Sunday, March 17, 2024

Oops, All Non-Fiction

If you've followed this blog for any amount of time, you'll know that I am not much of a non-fiction reader. Middle grade? Sure thing. YA? Absolutely. Non-fiction, though? Every once in a while. So will someone please explain to me how I ended up reading nothing but non-fiction? Because with the exception of the book I'm reading out loud to Joel (and the book club book that I just finished), that's what I've got going on.

I mean, I know how it happened. It's me. I'm the problem. I did it to myself. But it does mean progress is slooooooooooooooow. I'm still working on Not a Nation of Immigrants and, as you might be able to tell, am very behind on my Read Harder challenges. I'm also reading Tiny Humans, Big Emotions: How to Navigate Tantrums, Meltdowns, and Defiance to Raise Emotionally Intelligent Children, which is an excessively long title and also a book that I really have to read slowly to let everything sink in. And finally, a friend recommended and lent to me The Golden Thread: How Fabric Changed History, which is very fascinating but another slow read.

So, anyway...all this to say that I haven't actually FINISHED very many books recently, and here's hoping now that spring break is here I can make some reading progress and perhaps get some new fiction cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment