Sunday, March 31, 2024

Read Harder - Time Marches On

Did I make that same joke last year? Probably. Definitely. Maybe.

Anyway, I have not had a strong reading start this year. I don't really know why, but I've just been really slumpy and reading so little and so slowly. Add to this that my book order and library holds are not lining up with my reading timeline plans and I'm really inching along on these challenge prompts. I've been getting my challenge orders toward the end of the month I chose them for, and I don't even want to talk about how long the wait is on my hold for Parable of the Sower. Slow progress is still progress, though, so inch along I shall.

Continuing with the theme of book orders not lining up with my reading timeline, though...I just preordered my choice for challenge #7, read an indie published collection of poetry by a BIPOC or queer author, which isn't released until a few days into April. It's called A Fate Worse Than Death, by Nisha Patel, and while I might have to wait a bit to get it, I'm really looking forward to reading it.

Now, a question. For challenge #9, read a book recommended by a librarian...can I recommend a book to myself?🤣Is this a loophole? I asked Joel, and he said yes, so I can go with that and pick something for myself to read, or I could go with a book I'm already reading, Tiny Humans, Big Emotions, which was recommended to me by my friend Anna, who is a former coworker, wonderful human, and fabulous librarian. I think I'm going to do that. Tiny Humans, Big Emotions it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment