Sunday, April 21, 2024

Is it me? Do I just...hate books now?

I know everyone gets into reading slumps on occasion, and I'm no stranger to a slump. But 2024 is giving me an existential crisis. I mean...peep my 2023 stats from The Storygraph (sidenote, if you're still using Goodreads and not Storygraph, what are you even doing with your life?)

Line graph with two data points, showing the number of books and number of pages read each month in 2023

And now peep my 2024 stats so far.

Line graph with two data points, showing the number of books and number of pages read each month in 2024

What is happening?! Can it still be called a slump if it's been months? Or is this just my life now? Maybe I'm just on a streak of meh books, but the last three books that I updated on my reading tracker got the note "this could have been shorter, not much happened." But...DID not much happen? Or has my brain turned against books? I don't know, but I have books I started in January that I'm still slogging my way through. And if someone else told me they had been struggling through a book that long, I would say to DNF that bitch! But I'm interested in it! I just can't focus to read it. Gah.

May is going to be a month of rereads, so I can try to reboot my reading brain by reading stuff I already know I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment