Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Conceal, Don't Feel - Jen Calonita

My rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

From the cover:

"What if Anna and Elsa never knew each other?


When a magical accident erases Anna and Elsa's memories not only of magic, but of each other the sisters are separated for protection. But when Elsa unexpectedly finds herself as a young queen mysterious magic begins to happen and questions of her past start to form. Will the sisters ever be reunited?"

Conceal, Don't Feel, or, Give Women Real Fucking Pockets! There was a pivotal letter involved in this book, and no one could find out what was written in it because the princesses kept dropping it. Usually when I'm planning to review a book I try to take notes as I read, but this one was a fairly quick read so I didn't. Literally my only note was about Anna and Elsa, and all women for that matter, needing better pockets. My kingdom (all of Arendelle!) for a pocket that can hold a piece of paper!

Pocket issues aside, this book is a part of the Twisted Tale series, which I greatly enjoy. It was an interesting spin on Frozen, and I kind of loved that even with such a big shift (an entire person being deleted not just from her sister's life, but from an entire kingdom's memory is...wow, quite a bit of troll magic!), the spirit and theme of the book remained remarkably similar to the movie. Hans is still a complete sociopath, Kristoff and Sven remain the perfect duo, Anna continues to be a delightful badass, and it was great fun revisiting Arendelle in this alternate reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment