Friday, August 7, 2020

Red, White & Royal Blue - Update 1

I started a new position on Monday, so it's been a slow reading week. I managed to get a little over 100 pages into Red, White & Royal Blue, though, and I figured I would share my thoughts so far.

At first, Alex seemed, frankly, like a bit of a dick. We come into his story basically at the height of his "feud" with Prince Henry, and with zero backstory, it really seems like he dislikes Henry for being more attractive (?) than him, so he starts a bunch of shit even though Henry is perfectly civil to him.

Of course, we later find out that this isn't exactly the case, and while Alex still isn't my favorite MC ever, once I got a better read on the situation, he didn't seem like such a jerk. I'm a big fan of his exchanges back and forth with Henry, actually, and sometimes they even make me laugh out loud. Also, their first kiss?

Heart Eyes GIFs | Tenor

Perfection.

I'm looking forward to reading more...and crossing my fingers I have more time this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment