Sunday, July 4, 2021

July challenge update

Whew, hello! If time could pass like...a touch more slowly? That would be great. I'm still a wee bit behind in my challenge reading, but I'm working on it. I finished Chirp and A Phoenix First Must Burn (which was SO GOOD, please read it!), but my copies of A Thousand Beginnings and Endings, Notes from a Young Black Chef, and Sway are still waiting for me to get to them. I'm working on it, books, I'm so sorry! I am SUPER excited to read them, and Notes from a Young Black Chef is sitting on my table just waiting for me to finish another book that I'm working on so I can dive in. I like to read multiple books at once, but I'm really trying to keep myself from getting out of control with that. At some point I should probably actually finish one of the books I'm reading instead of just starting another one, maybe.

But anyway! Books that I will be adding to my waiting TBR pile for July!


This was a tough one to choose a title for because without browsing the shelves at a library or a bookstore to see what jumps out at me, which I'm not quite ready to do, it's kind of tricky to find a book whose cover you don't like. I ended up scrolling through my Want to Read stuff on Goodreads, but covers really hit different in person than they do online, you know? Anyway...I went with The Authentics by Abdi Nazemian. 

Cover image for "The Authentics"

Honestly...there's nothing wrong with the cover. It just isn't one that would typically draw me in the way some of my favorite covers have.


I'm really looking forward to this one! I try to read as diversely as I can, but a lot of my reading ends up being pretty US centric, which I need to be better about. For this challenge, I decided to go with The Weight of Our Sky by Hanna Alkaf. It has been on my list to pick up for a very, very long time, and I need to read it!

What would you read for each of these challenges?

No comments:

Post a Comment