Sunday, May 22, 2022

Oh me, oh May

Thrilled to report that not only did I finish and enjoy The Making of Jane Austen, I also survived until the end of the school year! I am still working (don't believe anyone who talks shit about how teachers shouldn't complain about pay because they get summers off...it's a fuckin lie), but I'm still hoping I'll have more energy and get more reading done, since I won't be actively TEACHING as much. Teaching = So Much Peopling = Exhausting. I can only extrovert for so long, and then I spend the rest of my day recuperating, too tired to do anything else. 

So anyway...Black Boy Joy, I'm gonna read you! I'm also going to read Every Body Shines for Read Harder challenge #5, read an anthology featuring diverse voices, and The Courage of Elfina for Read Harder challenge #6, read a non-fiction YA comic. I'm also ALSO going to be reading (well...presently reading) the graphic novel The Dire Days of Willowweep Manor, because it's recommended for ages 12+ but I had some students ask about getting it for our library, so I want to see if it would be age appropes for our older grades. So far? 👍👍

Finally, I'd really like to get back to more regular posting here, so I'm contemplating the best way to do that without completely exhausting myself. Trying to sit down and blog on Friday nights has proved tricky since my battery is very drained by the end of the week and since I frequently have DnD on Friday nights, but if I can get my ass in gear and write ahead of time, I could continue with First Page Friday posts. That's probably the best solution, working ahead. We'll see, I suppose. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment