Friday, August 5, 2022

August Reading Challenge Update

I am thrilled to report that I am working on this BEFORE the day I intend to post it, because I planned ahead. Am I turning things around? Getting organized at last?

...probably not. School started this week, and I have more classes than last year with less help, so I'm sure next week it will be 6pm, I'll be mid-DnD session, and I'll realize I never wrote anything and have to scramble after our adventure wraps up. But hey, maybe not. Maybe I AM getting organized at last.

Anyway, Read Harder update! I did not finish While Justice Sleeps last month, although not because I wasn't reading it or didn't like it. This delay is due to circumstances beyond my control, those circumstances being that the library app I checked it out from doesn't cooperate with my Kindle. Trying to read ebooks on my phone is kind of a pain in the ass, so I gave it my best shot but ultimately decided that the better option was to put a hold on it using Overdrive so I could read more comfortably. The wait list is about ten weeks, so look forward to a review around Halloween.

Since While Justice Sleeps wasn't panning out, I moved on to challenge #7, read a book where at least one protagonist is over 40, and listened to The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, which I've already posted a review for! I would brag about being on top of stuff, but while writing this I realized I never did a challenge update for June, so not only am I a month behind on my challenge reading, but double checking my list after I noticed that, one of the books I picked for May just completely fell of my radar and I never actually read it. WHOOPS! This really bodes well for my whole "turning things around" thing.

Anyhoozle. I don't even know what's happening anymore, but I've read 12 of the 24 books on my list, and to get back on track I'm going to try to read three challenge books in August and three in September. So, without further ado, my picks for August:


Challenge #6: Read a nonfiction YA comic

The book I chose in May returns! This time, for real, I will be reading The Courage of Elfina. Seriously. I mean it. My copy of the book is already on the way. Or...will be...like...tomorrow.


Challenge #11: Read a book with an asexual/aromantic main character

I KNOW I can commit to reading this one because I've already started it! For this challenge, I'm reading Let's Talk About Love by Claire Kann. It's fantastic so far, and I look forward to sharing an update when I'm done.


Challenge #13: Read an adventure story by a BIPOC author

For this challenge, I'll be reading Excuse Me While I Ugly Cry by Joya Goffney. Sadly, my library doesn't own a digital copy of this, but I put in a request for them to get the audiobook, and in the meantime I've got a hold on the physical book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment