Sunday, October 1, 2023

Starts and Finishes

Finishes and starts. New thing! Let's talk a little bit about a book I finished this week and a book I'm starting. (Dewey, this is a very transparent attempt to come up with a blog post because you're in such a reading slump and don't have anything to review! Yeah, I know it is. Leave me alone, I'm just trying to make it to fall break.)

This week, I finished reading How to Raise an Intuitive Eater, which I highly recommend to anyone who spends time in some capacity with young people, or is just curious to learn more about intuitive eating and how much better it is than fucking dieting and embracing diet culture.. Very informative, lots of great tools for changing how we think about food, dieting, and bodies and how we teach children to understand and care for themselves. Excellent book.

Also this week, I started reading How to Be You: Stop Trying to Be Someone Else and Start Living Your Life by Jeffrey Marsh. I adore Jeffrey Marsh, and I acquired this book a long time ago and have been meaning to read it, so we're diving in! So far, I've only gotten through the introduction and am already in love. I'm ready to dig in and discover what "zaps me in the heart," as he puts it. It's gonna be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment