Sunday, August 25, 2024

Reading Harder in August

Art of Drag, what's up babyyyyyy? It was a beautiful book, so informative and colorful and wonderful. It's very much a coffee table book, and even has a cool binding style where the spine of the cover isn't attached to the spine of the book, so the pages can lay fully flat and you can view the gorgeous art in all its glory. I will not be leaving it out on my coffee table, because my brain functions in organized piles, leaving my coffee table a hot mess 90% of the time, but I will keep it easily accessible to trot out when the opportunity presents itself. In addition to the impressive artwork, I thought it covered the timeline and development of drag through the ages in a really accessible way, giving detail without being super overwhelming or academic. Solid, solid read.

Now, six books left. In September, I'll be reading Property of the Rebel Librarian by Allison Varnes for challenge number twenty, Read a Book About Books, and Maame by Jessica George for number twenty-one, Read a Book That Went Under the Radar in 2023. Maame is a bit of a departure from my typical reads, in that it is neither YA nor middle grade, but it should be a solid read, and I'm already looking forward to adding Property of the Rebel Librarian to my school library when I finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment