Character Development: ☆☆☆☆☆
"This beautifully produced, keepsake coffee-table book is the ultimate celebration of the series, the town, the characters, and the state of mind that is Schitt's Creek. Capturing the essence and alchemy of all six seasons of what is now considered to be one of the most groundbreaking comedy television series of the last decade, Best Wishes, Warmest Regards is a gift to fans everywhere who have made the show their own.Included are character profiles from the cast of Johnny, Moira, David, and Alexis, and all of the characters that populate the town, major moments from Moira's endorsement of Herb Ertlinger Winery, to Patrick and David's first kiss, to Cabaret and the Rose Family Christmas episode. Also included are special features, such as the complete, illustrated catalogs of David's knits and Moira's wigs, Moira's vocabulary, Alexis's adventures, and behind-the-scenes moments from Dan and Eugene Levy and the cast of Schitt's Creek."
Look, that star breakdown up top is really just a formality for this review, OBVIOUSLY I love this book. I don't think there's a Schitt's Creek fan in existence who wouldn't. It's beautiful, first of all, truly a work of art coffee table book. Each little vignette and story is interspersed with fan art inspired by the show, which I love, and there are so many fun little facts and lovely notes from the show.
Early on, they note that their goal with the show was to create a town full of goodness, kindness, and empathy and that they went out of their way to make sure that things like bigotry and homophobia never showed up in Schitt's Creek, and I feel like that is what makes this show the work of art that it is and that has resonated with so many different people. There are challenges, there's drama, but none of it is driven by the awful shit that we encounter in real life, and it's a place that at it's core just...feels good.
If you're a Schitt's Creek fan, you'll treasure all the behind-the-scenes details revealed in this book, and you'll be tickled by things like images of all the "ew, David!" license plates they compiled from various states and the lists of words Moira used and their meanings. This book is a treasure trove and a delight to read. I checked a copy out from the library, but I feel like I have to buy a copy for myself, just to be able to flip through it when I need a little pick-me-up. It's a must-have!
No comments:
Post a Comment