Friday, June 5, 2015

Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail...first impressions - Cheryl Strayed

The part of me that tried to get people to call me other names in high school and wishes everyone I know would call me Dewey instead of my real name thinks it's kind of awesome that Cheryl made up an entirely new last name when she got divorced.  Also, I really feel for her with the whole losing her mom thing...that's a shitty thing to go through ever, let alone when you're so young.

Beyond that, though.......this whole "I need to hike the Pacific Crest Trail even though I couldn't be bothered to do any kind of real preparation for it!" thing is really pissing me off.  Respect nature, fool.  At the very least pack your fucking backpack prior to the moment you're leaving to start the trail.  And maybe don't shoot heroin the day before you leave.  Dumb bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment