Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Read Harder update

I mentioned participating in Book Riot's Read Harder challenge in my New Year's update, so I figured now that we've made it to February I would share an update. For Task #2, read a nonfiction book about anti-racism, I read So You Want to Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo, which was fantastic. I borrowed a copy from the library, but this is a book I definitely want my own copy of, because it's something I would love to return to regularly.

As mentioned previously, I couldn't come up with anything for Task #1, read a book you've been intimidated to read, so I only completed one of the challenges for January (womp womp). To make up for it, though, I've got two titles chosen for one of my February challenges...although there is a wait list for it, so we'll see if I get it in time. 😬 But what are February's challenges, you ask?


Task #3: Read a non-European novel in translation

Task #4: Read an LGBTQ+ history book


For these challenges, I will be reading Death is Hard Work by Khaled Khalifa (#3), Queer: A Graphic History by Meg-John Barker (#4), and And the Band Played On by Randy Shilts (#4 - if it comes in in time...I mean, I'll read it either way. Just maybe not in February.) What would you choose for each challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment