Sunday, February 28, 2021

I'm not ready, but my books are!

Soooo yeah, I'm not sure I'm emotionally prepared to be a year into *waves hands* all this. March 16th will be the official date that my (now former) work sent everyone home and everything where I live shut down, and the fact that that date is just over two weeks away is difficult to process.


At least I've got one thing going for me, though, and that...is books. I finished Death is Hard Work, Queer: A Graphic History, and And the Band Played On for my Read Harder reading tasks in February. I don't know if I've ever read a translation of a novel originally written in another language before, and reading about the civil war in Syria was a new topic for me. I would file both this novel and And the Band Played On under "heartbreaking, but enlightening." Queer: A Graphic History was equally enlightening and, although still serious, much more upbeat. 

For March's challenges, #5: Read a genre novel by an Indigenous, First Nations, or Native American author and #6: Read a fanfic, I'll be reading Five Little Indians by Michelle Good and Pride, Prejudice, and Other Flavors by Sonali Dev (cheating a little bit with that second one, but hey, I don't like reading on a computer). Honorable mentions for task five also go to The Night Watchman by Louise Erdrich and Love After the End by Joshua Whitehead, both of which I have on hold at my library.

I'm also really looking forward to April's tasks of reading a fat-positive romance and a romance by a trans or non-binary author. Have any April suggestions for me? Share them in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment