Sunday, May 5, 2024

Reboot Rereads

May has arrived, and it's time to reboot my brain! My goal is to reread four books, so roughly one per week. First up, because it's one of our book club books for the month, is Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi. I love this author, I love this book, and I've been wanting to reread it for a while, so this seems like a good one to start off with! So far, I'm about 85 pages in and going strong.

Other books I plan to reread:
  • Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett: I've reviewed this before, several years ago, and reread it a few times since, most recently in one night when I had insomnia and couldn't sleep. It's a big comfort read for me and one that I usually fly through, so it seems like a solid option to kick me out of a slump!
  • Foolish Hearts by Emma Mills: I reviewed this one too, long, long ago! Another one that I really love and typically get through quickly, and I can't wait to get into it again.
  • To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han: I haven't actually reviewed this, but I did include it on a First Page Friday list of books that are easy to read. I'm obsessed with this series, and the movies are a huge comfort watch for me as well. Plus, if I do really get into them, that means three books read. 

I've been debating rereading Fangirl too, it seems like the most obvious choice, given my love of it and the number of times I've reread it already (thirteen, for anyone not keeping track). Including it in the list of choices almost seemed like...does it even need to be said? 😂 Look, let's keep it mysterious. Maybe I'll reread it...maybe I won't. Only time will tell.

Anyway, here's hoping these Reboot Rereads do indeed help reboot my brain and get me out of this months-long slump!

No comments:

Post a Comment