Sunday, September 27, 2020

Ten Books in my TBR Pile

It's been an exhausting few days, so all I've got in me this weekend is a peek at some of the books I'll be reading soon. I'm glad there are so many amazing books out there, but man, the pile of books I have waiting for me to get to them never seems to get any smaller! Here we go, the next ten books in that never-ending stack.

1. The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander - I actually started reading this one months ago, but then I hit a cloudy period where it was too hard to focus, so I've been listening to a lot of audiobooks over reading physical books. I am eager to get back into it, this is such an important topic right now, and there is so much I didn't know about mass incarceration.

2. Invisible Women: Data Bias in a World Designed for Men by Caroline Criado Perez - I checked this one out from the library before we closed due to COVID, so it has been waiting for a while. 😬 I need to get to it!

3. Remembrance by Rita Woods - So...I believe this was one of the books on a 52 Books by Women of Color to Read in 2020 listfor January. I am very clearly doing AMAZING with my reading this year.

4. Little Gods by Meng Jin - See above. Another of the January books that I requested from the library in January to read in January. I am amazing at keeping up with reading.

5. The Kingdom of Back by Marie Lu - I've been eager to read this book about Nannerl Mozart for a long time. I've found with Marie Lu I either love her storytelling (Legend) or I hate it (Warcross), so maybe this book will be the tie breaker. 

6. Winterwood by Shea Ernshaw - I don't even know what this book is about, but I am very much in love with its cover.

Winterwood by Shea Ernshaw

7. Scavenge the Stars by Tara Sim - It's a book about revenge, and I'm into that!

8. All the Stars and Teeth by Adalyn Grace - The description for this one feels sort of Peter Pan-esque but without the straight up racism, which is always a bonus. I'm a little nervous it's going to creep me out, since I don't do well with creepy generally speaking, but I'll keep y'all posted.

9. Goddess in the Machine by Lora Beth Johnson - I've got a thing for weird space stories where people go into cryo sleep and wake up far into the future with unfathomable things happening, apparently, between this and the Aurora Cycle books. Also, this is another gorgeous cover, and it's got gold sprayed edges. I'm a sucker for sprayed edges.

Goddess in the Machine by Lora Beth Johnson

10.  We Ride Upon Sticks by Quan Barry - Once upon a time, I joined the Fantastic Strangelings virtual book club, which was amazing, but as I have proven, I am not great at keeping up with the books I want to read. This was the second book the group read, I think back in March? I ended up canceling my membership when COVID hit, but I am still eager to finally read this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment