Sunday, March 21, 2021

Weekend library loot

When I left my job in January, I posted to Facebook about how I had roughly 450 books on my To Be Read list on Goodreads and was going to try to read as many of them as I could before I went back to work. Last week, I posted an update...that I was up to 606 books on my TBR list.


Gif of David from Schitt's Creek holding a stack of papers and looking back and forth with a concerned expression

I...may have a problem?

On a related note, every time I request a new book from the library (support your local library, y'all!), I tell myself that I need to return at least one book for every book I put on hold. And then I come home with this:

Stack of library books

Pictured:
Tristan Strong Destroys the World by Kwame Mbalia
Five Dark Fates by Kendare Blake
Behind the Dream: The Making of the Speech That Transformed a Nation by Clarence B Jones
My Life, My Love, My Legacy by Coretta Scott King
Florynce "Flo" Kennedy: The Life of a Black Feminist Radical by Sherie M Randolph
The Colored Waiting Room: Empowering the Original and the New Civil Rights Movements by Kevin Shird
How to Be an Antiracist by Ibram X Kendi
More Than Enough: Claiming Space For Who You Are (No Matter What They Say) by Elaine Welteroth
The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern
A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J Maas

Spoiler alert: I did not return ten books when I picked these up...and I've got eighteen more books on hold already. 😬 On the plus side, I am already about a quarter of the way through Tristan Strong Destroys the World (SUCH A GREAT SERIES!) and over 200 pages into Five Dark Fates. So only eight books left to go! Plus a few other books that aren't pictured because they were scattered around the house in my various reading places. Good thing my library has a limit of 35 books!

No comments:

Post a Comment