Thursday, May 6, 2021

Throwback Thursday - Five Faves

Oooh, past me has reviewed some truly excellent books in May, so for today's Throwback Thursday post I decided to highlight five of my favorites. Going in chronological order, we begin with Dear Martin by Nic Stone, reviewed in 2018. This review was four stars, and I mentioned it was because I didn't think the letter-writing part of the book lent itself as well to an audio format. I'm happy to report that my Goodreads rating did indeed go up to five stars after reading the physical book. So good.

Next up is On Two Feet and Wings by Abbas Kazerooni, a rare non-fiction read for me. Abbas's story is just incredible, and my only gripe remains that I wish the book was longer. I want to know more about his journey!

Our last 2018 book is to this day one of the prettiest books I've ever read, The Queen's Rising by Rebecca Ross. It is well documented that I'll read anything with a pretty cover (or sprayed edges), and in this case the story was as beautiful as the cover. It's the first book in a duology, and I've been contemplating re-reading it recently...now that I've revisited my review, I feel like I have to do it.

Now, fast forwarding alllllll the way to the nightmare that was 2020, let's talk about one of the few good things to come out of it...excellent books. First up, Maybe He Just Likes You by Barbara Dee. This was actually published in 2019, so that sort of negates my "one of the few good things" point, but...I read it in 2020, so still counts. It's an amazing book about finding the courage to stand up for yourself and call out inappropriate behavior, AND Barbara Dee commented on my review, which still makes me swoon a little bit when I think about it. 

Our final revisited book was released in 2020, and it was very decidedly one of the few good things to come out of 2020 for me, particularly because I got to read an advanced copy. 😍 We're talking about The Cousins by Karen M. McManus, and I. LOVED. IT. This one is sitting on my To Be Read shelf as we speak, impatiently waiting to be read a second time, and I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment