Friday, October 21, 2022

Read Harder update

 Let's see, let's see...over the past month, I have finished The Kiss Quotient, shared my thoughts about that book, and finished Darling. I didn't write a review of that one because I sped through it so quickly and my brain was kind of like...holy shit, what did I just read?! After I finished it. It was a darker book than I typically go for, but I liked the way they handled it...dark without being horrifying or morbid just for shock value. It was very good, and an interesting spin on Peter Pan. One out of two, not bad?

I've also started reading Maus, although I'm only like a third or so of the way through. I'm taking this one slower, but it's a very good read. As noted in my previous post, I'm started Powers and Thrones too, but my ebook loan expired, so I'm waiting to get it back. I might need to get a physical copy, it's hard for me to do that much reading on a Kindle. In fact...yes. I just paused this recap to put a hold on it at the library. Some books you just need to read in their physical form, and this is one of them.

Over the next month, I'll keep working my way through the above two books, and if I finish I'll be continuing on to The Taking of Jake Livingston (prompt #19, Read a horror novel by a BIPOC author), and we will see how that goes, since as previously noted horror isn't really my thing. 😬 If, at long last, my hold for While Justice Sleeps comes in, I'll be finishing that (FINALLY) too!

I've got to say, I'm impressed with how well I'm doing with these challenges after getting back on track earlier in the year! Knocking them out of the park!

1 comment: