Sunday, December 17, 2017

Legend - Marie Lu

My rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Legend, Marie Lu's debut novel, came out in 2011, and I can't believe it took me this long to read it. From the cover:

"What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths—until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias's death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets."


This was my second Marie Lu book, and I enjoyed it so much more than Warcross. I legitimately could not put it down...finished it in less than 24 hours. This pretty much cements my opinion that if the first half of Warcross had been more concise, I would have enjoyed it more, because hot damn, Legend was action-packed from the first page, and I loved every second of it. Day and June both have such compelling stories, and the mystery surrounding how their paths diverged even though they are both so similar has me dying to get my hands on the next book! I can't recommend this book enough to fans of dystopia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment