Tuesday, June 1, 2021

TBR - My Next Five Reads

Summer is (almost officially) here, I'm looking at a weekly weather report with possibly our first 100+ degree days across the board for the year, and there is a lot going on over here in Deweyville (in a good way, but still!). Consequently, this week's Tuesday Book Recs is part complete cop-out, because I didn't have time to come up with a theme and put together a corresponding list, and part accountability post, so I actually fucking read some stuff. I mean...I've been reading, but not nearly as much as usual, and while I do have more to juggle now than I have since I quit my job several months ago (again, in a good way!), I'm trying to balance my time better so I can do those things and read all the things. I can do it! And to get myself started, below are the next five* books I will be reading.

*outside of book club and reading challenge books

Photo collage with cover images for five books, listed below, around a square with the words "My Next Five Reads"


1. More Than a Body: Your Body is an Instrument, Not an Ornament by Lindsay and Lexie Kite

2. Drop the Ball: Achieving More by Doing Less by Tiffany Dufu

3. Mediocre: The Dangerous Legacy of White Male America by Ijeoma Oluo

4. Superbetter: A Revolutionary Approach to Getting Stronger, Happier, Braver and More Resilient - Powered by the Science of Games by Jane McGonigal

5. Yolk by Mary H.K. Choi

Also, OH MY GOD, I am just realizing that almost all of these are non-fiction. Wow. Talk about breaking out of my mold. Dayum. Also, it's a very yellow group of books! Fascinating coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment