Sunday, April 4, 2021

Reading harder, three months in

We're a quarter of the way through 2021, and my foray into Book Riot's Read Harder challenge has been pretty enjoyable so far. While my March fanfiction selection didn't manage to win me over, I loved Five Little Indians (review coming soon!), and I'm working my way through Love After the End and enjoying it just as much. Now, on to April!


Collage of book cover images for "Get a Life, Chloe Brown," "Spoiler Alert," and "Their Troublesome Crush."

After some contemplation, I'm going with Get a Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert for this one. Also added to my list for later reading is Spoiler Alert by Olivia Dade and Their Troublesome Crush by Xan West, which actually ticks both challenge boxes for this month, woo! (Side note, I really need to come up with a better way to organize my To Be Read list, because it is problematically massive and unwieldy.)


Images of book covers for "Felix Ever After," "Sugar Town," and "Next Year, For Sure."

This was a tough one to narrow down, and I'll definitely be reading more than one book under this heading, but the one I'm starting with is Felix Ever After by Kacen Callender. After hunting the interwebs for books with polyamorous representation not that long ago, though, I also have to shout out Sugar Town by Hazel Newlevant and Next Year, For Sure by Zoey Leigh Peterson - how in the world did these not pop up in my quest for polyamorous characters?! Very excited to read both.

Anyway, those are my reading challenge plans for April! What books would you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment