Sunday, April 18, 2021

Weekend Library Loot

Books for days! I've been aiming for roughly one library trip each month, but I had to divvy up my trips this time around because (gaaaaaaasp!) I had too many books on hold.

Gif of Phoebe from Friends saying "I am shocked to my very core."

For my first trip, I actually managed to return the same number of books I picked up - a fairly easy victory, since I only picked up five books, but a victory nonetheless!

Stack of five library books on top of a tote bag. Titles listed below image.

Haul number one:

Get a Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert
Disability Visibility by Alice Wong
Felix Ever After by Kacen Callender
Rising Strong by Brene Brown
Darius the Great is Not Okay by Adib Khorram

For my second trip, I did not do so well. I picked up I think ten or eleven books total (not all pictured here, sorry!) and returned a dismal total of...two. Fortunately, as you can see, most of this haul was picture books, in preparation for my earlier Unicorn Day post, so I got through those pretty quickly. 😉

Stack of ten library books, titles listed below image

Titles from this haul:

Do Better: Spiritual Activism for Fighting and Healing from White Supremacy by Rachel Ricketts
Drop the Ball: Achieving More by Doing Less by Tiffany Dufu
Mediocre: The Dangerous Legacy of White Male America by Ijeoma Oluo
I Love My Llamacorn by Danielle McClean
Little Unicorn is Angry by Aurelie Chien Chow Chine
Hello, My Name is Octicorn by Kevin Diller and Justin Lowe
I Am A Unicorn! by Michaela Schuett
You Don't Want a Unicorn! by Ame Dyckman and Liz Climo
Unicorn Club by Suzy Senior and Leire Martin
Not Quite Narwhal by Jessie Sima

You know, when I worked at the library I used to buy a lot more books, and whenever people checked out a high number of items I would marvel at it because it stressed me out to have more than two or three books checked out at once. Now that I'm not working, I've cut down on my book buying, and currently I have twenty-seven books checked out. Happy to report that it is not as hard to keep track of everything as I expected it to be - although I do need to start finishing library books a little faster, or I'm going to hit my limit soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment