Thursday, April 1, 2021

Throwback Thursday - 200th post!

Oh my god, it's my 200th post?! This kind of snuck up on me! Such a journey, from like two reviews in 2015 to this powerhouse of a blog. 🤣 It's also my sister and brother-in-law's anniversary, so double celebration!

Gif of Darryl, Kevin, and Oscar from season 9 of "The Office" dancing together

On this most auspicious of days, I figured we could reminisce on some of my favorite books reviewed in April, starting with Unearthed by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner and The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis from 2018. The first is a dystopian sci-fi adventure, book one of a duology, and the second is a super dark examination of rape culture and justice. Wildly different...equally excellent.

In 2019 my April was a bit lazy, but I still managed to review Unbroken: 13 Stories Starring Disabled Teens edited by Marieke Nijkamp, which really made me want more disabled rep in the books I read. Come on, publishers! Give us more!

April 2020 was a dark time, as we all know, so my reviews were a little lacking. It isn't a review, but since I'm sure many of us could use a little snuggle from our book friends, I'm going to revisit my "Books That Feel Like a Hug" list. If I were redoing the list now, there are a couple I would omit (looking at you, #6), but you can't go wrong with most of them. (Not going to lie, there are several I've been daydreaming about revisiting! Maybe this is the nudge I need.)

And now...here we are. April 2021. So many reviews to come. What literary horizons will the future lead us toward? I suppose there's only one way to find out...

Gif of Belle in "Beauty and the Beast" sliding along a shelf of books on a rolling ladder

No comments:

Post a Comment